More on _to, chto_

Loren A. Billings billings at mailer.fsu.edu
Sun Jan 28 22:38:22 UTC 1996

Dear colleagues (again):

A kind soul pointed out to me that the notations in my response to Emily
were mistaken.  An asterisk inside parentheses means "not even an option",
while an asterisk before parentheses means "not optionally deletable".  I
regret any confusion I've heaped on others.  I myself have to think long
and hard when I see such notations (and, alas, get it wrong some of the time).

Additionally, the message was intended for just Emily, so I apologize
(again) for the unintended dissemination to the list.

Apologetically,

--Loren Billings
billings at mailer.fsu.edu