MA and PhD statistics

David J Birnbaum djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
Wed Jan 31 16:50:49 UTC 1996

Dear Colleagues,

We are attempting to assemble information about the number of MA and PhD
degrees in Slavic Languages and Literatures awarded by different
universities over the past several years. A report would look something
like:

"Since 1990 we have graduated x PhDs and y MAs."

There is nothing magic about 1990, but we'd like something distant enough
to suggest a pattern but recent enough to reflect current tendencies.
Statistics for the past 5-10 years should be about right.

Please respond by email to djbpitt+ at pitt.edu. I will assemble the results,
remove the names of specific institutions, and email a copy of the report
to those who respond.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers,

David
Professor David J. Birnbaum      djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
The Royal York Apartments, #802  http://www.pitt.edu/~djbpitt/
3955 Bigelow Boulevard           voice: 1-412-624-5712
Pittsburgh, PA  15213  USA       fax:   1-412-624-9714