Barcode answers

David W. Mayberry mayberry at ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu
Fri Mar 1 04:40:46 UTC 1996

                   Ohio University Electronic Communication

   Date:  29-Feb-1996 11:37pm EST

     To:  Remote Addressee                     ( _MX%"seelangs at cunyvm.cuny.edu"
 )

   From:  David Mayberry                             Dept:  Modern Languages
          MAYBERRY                                 Tel No:  (614)593-2765

Subject:  Barcode answers

SEELANGers,
I received several responses to my query about barcodes.  I will quote the reply
given by Tatiana Smorodinskaia, as everyone else gave me the same answers:

>1.  bar code -
>shtrikhovoi kod, but the more Russians are using this term in real life, the
>more often one can hear "barkod".

>2.  automatic identification - avtomaticheskoe opoznavanie
>3.  data communications - peredacha dannykh (but it also depends on the
>context)
>4.  Dept. of indust. technology - I would translate it as Kafedra (Fakul'tet)
>promyshlennoi (industrial'noi - which to me is even better) tekhnologii

To all who responded: thank you!

David