Trouble at CUP

Robert Beard rbeard at bucknell.edu
Tue Mar 5 18:21:17 UTC 1996

A colleague from New Zealand who is currently negotiating a contract with
Cambridge University Press passed on a curious bit of gossip, asking if I
had any details of it.  I haven't but it struck me as worthy a note on SEELANGS.

According to his information CUP decided not to publish an anthropological
work on the Macedonian-speaking minority in Greek Macedonia and as a result,
two of their anthropology advising editors have resigned and 'are urging
academics worldwide to boycott CUP.'  Does anyone have any details of such a
row that might be of general interest and which I might pass on?

--Bob