GOLOSA Users--present and future

Laura_McKenna at prenhall.com Laura_McKenna at prenhall.com
Fri Mar 8 20:10:04 UTC 1996

     I am the current editor for GOLOSA, books 1 and 2, and I would like to
     address a concern about the availability of these texts, as raised by
     a list subscriber.  First, let me share with you in a friendly way
     that the secret to having books in time for classes is to have the
     bookstore order them early and from the publisher (rather than from
     used book companies, who do not print the texts when stock runs low).
     That being said, there WAS an unusual situation with the GOLOSA
     program that might have made our texts seem unavailable at one point.
     Books 1 and 2 were originally published as hardbacks with one set of
     ISBNs and then as softbacks with different ISBNs to keep the price of
     the books down.  If your bookstore ordered the hardbacks before our
     system automatically switched orders over to the paperback stock, our
     customer service people may have said that the hardbacks were out of
     stock, because that's what their computer screens told them (and in
     fact it was true).  In any event, we have plenty of stock of both
     texts now in paperback form and our system does the switch
     automatically (I know because I called and pretended I was a
     professor!), so hopefully we will not inconvenience you when you order
     again.
     Please note also that we are revising GOLOSA and are looking for
     reviewers.  If you would like to be considered as a reviewer, please
     let me know your name, mailing address, book in use, and yearly
     enrollments in 101 via e-mail.
     Spasebah!
     Sincerely,
     Laura McKenna