Call for book reviews

David J Birnbaum djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
Fri Mar 15 16:57:54 UTC 1996

(Posted for Sibelan Forrester <sforres1 at swarthmore.edu>, whose submissions
to SEELANGS are currently being rejected for mysterious reasons. Please
respond directly to her.)

--------

Members of AATSEEL and scholars based outside North America are invited to
propose and submit book reviews for publication on the AATSEEL web site's
new book review page, which I will be editing.  Books on Slavic and East
European cultures, languages, linguistics and literatures are eligible for
review; in this medium, reviews of electronic materials, such as new
instructional software, would also be most appropriate.  The formal
guidelines will be the same as for reviews in SEEJ.

Electronic publication is guaranteed to be swift and easily purged of any
typographical errors.  As the page begins we can't offer free copies of
books from publishers, but if the page proves successful the situation may
change.  If you might be interested in reviewing for this page in future,
please send me your coordinates and areas of interest/expertise for the
data base.

Graduate students in the field are especially encouraged to contribute
reviews, particularly if they are writing dissertations.  Because
publication in this format is almost instant, it supplies both a quick line
on the resume and a painless way to test the waters of electronic
publishing.

Please pass this invitation along to graduate students you know, and to
colleagues who may not be subscribed to SEELANGS.

The AATSEEL URL, once again, is <http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/>.

Please contact me if you would like more information, or if you would like
to submit a review to the page.  It will come alive as soon as I have a few
reviews to publish.

Sibelan Forrester     Modern Languages     Swarthmore College
(610) 328-8162               sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
http://www.swarthmore.edu/Humanities/sforres1