Russian movies

Max Pyziur pyz at panix.com
Sun Mar 17 15:12:13 UTC 1996

>The SUNY at Buffalo library has recently purchased 9 films from Facets
>Video in Chicago (they have an 800 number). Some of them are: Siberiade
>(1979) 3 hours, Adam's Rib, Luna Park, Taxi-"Blues, and Solovki Power.
>The last is a fascinating documentary from 1988 about the camp in the
>White Sea and in Russian is a play on "sovetskaia vlast." We also
>purchased, from Frontline, the PBS documentary people, "Natasha and
>the Wolf" (one hour) about a prosecutor who falls in love with the man
>she is investigating and aids him in an escape attempt. We are showing
>these on a large screen, for free, and they will then be available
>to students to check out. Emily Tall

Possible additional outlets/distributors might include:

Black Sea Bookstore, Inc.
3175 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY  11235
718-769-2878

Video Works
PO Box 93009
Los Angeles, CA  90093
213-874-5063
213-874-0904

Top-1 Video
901 N. Fairfax Ave.
Los Angeles, CA  90048
213-654-0434
213-654-8029

Paragon Multimedia in Orange, NJ.
201-414-9877.

Black Sea is underneath the el tracks there in Brighton Beach; they have a
very extensive catalog with most videos being about $15 and will do mailorder.

Max
pyz at pani.xcom