Information ?

Barry P. Scherr Barry.P.Scherr at Dartmouth.EDU
Tue Mar 19 15:21:22 UTC 1996

I am in the final stages of annotating some letters for publication and have
not been able to find out the date of death (or whether they have indeed died)
for the following four individuals.  If you can provide information about any
of them, please contact me directly at:

b.scherr at dartmouth.edu

1.  Rodion Akulshin, born 1896, associated with peasant poets, emigrated to
U.S., where he published under the name Rodion Berezov; most recent
publications are circa 1978, when he was living in Connecticut.

2.  Efim Dobin, Russian literary critic and editor, born 1901; the most recent
bookd by him that I have seen are from around 1980.

3.  Petr Vlaidimirovich Sletov, born 1897; books by him came out in 1977 and
1980 but I have not seen anything more recent.

4.  Pavel Khrisanfovich Maksimov, born 1892, Russian writer, published memoirs
of Gorky in 1950's and a book on Fadeev in 1972.