Service-oriented projects in Russia

Matthew D. Tittle tittle at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 23 14:10:41 UTC 1996

Dear Seelangers,

I am looking for any information on "service-oriented" opportunities in =
Russia that would be appropriate for high school students of Russian.  =
Does anyone know if such opportunities exist?  A friend who teaches high =
school Russian is being asked by her administration to pursue a =
service-oriented project rather than a typical academic exchange.  They =
are looking for programs which provide humanitarian and civic =
assistance.  Do these programs exist in Russia?  If so, are they =
reputable, safe, culturally appropriate?  These are the questions of =
concern at the school.

If you have any information, please forward it to me privately at:

tittle at uiuc.edu

If anyone is interested in what I discover, I'll gladly repost the =
compiled info to the list.  Thanks.

Matt Tittle
tittle at uiuc.edu