Prices

Robin LaPasha ruslan at ACPUB.DUKE.EDU
Wed Mar 27 12:33:25 UTC 1996

On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, George Mitrevski wrote:

> I have absolutely no idea what the current prices are. Does anyone know
> of a way we can get a more current price list? Perhaps from someone in
> Russia with access to e-mail.

I have a similar favor to ask - can anyone with recent/current experience
with *Moscow-specific* prices give me a few pointers as to some prices
for other daily-life items?  Folks locally are more familiar with
Petersburg prices.  (This is not for publication, though I can certainly
pass results to George M. for the web pages.)

- a "edinyj bilet"? (I hear the Petersburg price is 80,000 rubles, but
     also that the rates are different in Moscow)
- a typical taxi fare, say from the airport in?
- a cup of [hot beverage] and a sandwich or soup at a cafe or bufet?

and, the big one -
- student-level housing.  I know, "it depends". A possible range
of prices would help.  I have in mind not a dorm, but a room in a private
home or a one-room apartment... reasonably accessible to the subway
or at least the regular buses.  (I heard secondhand that
as of last year $700/mo. for such a place wasn't out of line? [Bozhe!])

Private email is fine (unless someone can suggest a website where
we can all find such things, of course).  Thanks in advance!

Robin LaPasha                          Soviet Literature Scanning Project
ruslan at acpub.duke.edu                  Duke University