Response to.:.Re: Russian magazines

Randolph J. Herber herber at dcdrjh.fnal.gov
Thu Mar 28 19:45:40 UTC 1996

The following header lines retained to affect attribution:
|Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:12:33 -0500
|From: George Fowler <gfowler at indiana.edu>
|Subject: Re: Response to.:.Re: Russian magazines
|To: Multiple recipients of list SEELANGS <SEELANGS at CUNYVM.BITNET>

|Andrei Ustinov wrote:

|>No, they are not. Only "Izvestiia" are available for free reading.

|Is this still true? I had occasion to check a couple of weeks ago, and
|there was a message saying that Izvestija also costs money nowadays.

|George Fowler                    [Email]  gfowler at indiana.edu
|Dept. of Slavic Languages        [Home]   1-317-726-1482  **Try here first**
|Ballantine 502                   [Dept]   1-812-855-9906/-2624/-2608
|Indiana University               [Office] 1-812-855-2829
|Bloomington, IN  47405  USA      [Fax]    1-812-855-2107

[[ I believe that that is sufficient pruning of the quoted message. ]]

From: http://www.online.ru/mlists/izvestia/izvestia-izvestia/

Russia-On-Line information sources

Izvestia, Financial Izvestia and Izvestia-Expertise are offered as part of
Russia-On-Line service. All of them are available from our homepage. Notice
that while these newspapers are no longer available for free, we have a
number of other free Russian and Cyrillic news sources. We also hope to have
free frontpage of Izvestia soon.

Izvestiya, Finansovye Izvestiya i Izvestiya-\`Ekspertiza predlagayut.sya
v sostave bazovykh uslug Rossii-On-Lajn. Vse oni dostupny s nashej titul`noj
stranitsy. Vy mozhete vospol`zovat`sya takzhe nekotorymi drugimi,
obshchedostupnymi resursami na russkom yazyke i o Rossii.  My nadeemsya,
chto vdobavok i pervaya polosa Izvestij budet vskore dostupna besplatno.

Copyright 1995,1996 Sovam Teleport

Randolph J. Herber, herber at dcdrjh.fnal.gov, +1 708 840 2966, CD/HQ CDF-PK-149O
(Speaking for myself and not for US, US DOE, FNAL nor URA.)
(Product, trade, or service marks herein belong to their respective owners.)
N 41 50 26.3 W 88 14 54.4 approximately.