AATSEEL Conference News

David J Birnbaum djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
Thu May 2 10:29:59 UTC 1996

Dear SEELANGers,

I have posted a Preliminary Program and updated other information about
the 1996 AATSEEL Annual Meeting at:

        http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~djbpitt/aatseel.html

This preliminary program includes only the four "old-style" divisions:

        Twentieth-Century Russian Literature
        Pre-Twentieth-Century Russian Literature
        Culture, Cinema, and Drama
        Theory and Special Topics

The "new-style" divisions (Linguistics and Pedagogy and Methodology) have
a 1 September deadline for submissions, and will be scheduled only then.
Members who wish to submit papers to new-style divisions should check the
gudelines on the web site, particularly concerning the required abstracts.

The main reason we publish a preliminary program is to provide members
with an opportunity to correct any errors in their listings. I would be
grateful if panel chairs could verify the accuracy of the information for
their panels, and also if panelists could double-check their personal
information. Panelists should communicate any corrections to chairs, and
chairs should communicate any corrections to division heads (contact
information is available at the web site). Please note that the web
listing uses an ad-hoc system for representing Cyrillic transcription and
eastern European Latin-alphabet letters. The published program in the May
newsletter and at the conference will use the "scholarly" transliteration
system, with diacritics.

Cheers,

David
Professor David J. Birnbaum      djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
The Royal York Apartments, #802  http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~djbpitt/
3955 Bigelow Boulevard           voice: 1-412-624-5712
Pittsburgh, PA  15213  USA       fax:   1-412-624-9714