Czech tapes?

Sibelan E. S. Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Thu May 2 14:14:33 UTC 1996

Rich,

Take a look at Mi'la S^as^kova'-Pierceova' and Ivana Bozde^chova',
C^es^tina pro komunikaci (Prague, Univerzita Karlova, 1995).  I only have
the handbook/workbook and the accompanying audio tape, but they sound like
what you have in mind.  From the foreword:  "This book has been produced in
order to provide students and teachers with a handbook of Czech language
organized around communication rather than grammar-translation exercises.
The book is designed to accompany the textbook CZECH FOR COMMUNICATION by
the same authors, but can be used with other books as well.  It can also be
used for language maintenance for students who have studied Czech and feel
the need to maintain or regain their active command of the language."

Dr. S^as^kova'-Pierce's address is:

University of Nebraska at Lincoln
1133 Oldfather Hall
Lincoln, NE  66588-0315