Plagiarism and Privacy

Genevra Gerhart ggerhart at wolfenet.com
Mon May 6 15:50:58 UTC 1996

Bless you, Laura, you got it exactly right:  Seelangs _is_ just the
place to reduce the isolation unavoidable in such a small field as ours.
   And may I add that personal sympathy for the difficulties of new
immigrants should not becloud with uncertainty (a) any attempts to
acculturate them, and (b) the rules of academic conduct as interpreted
in this country. We are not helping them, other students, or ourselves
by allowing varying rules of acceptability.

--
Genevra Gerhart                         http://www.wolfe.net/~ggerhart/

2134 E. Interlaken  Bl.                 Tel. 206/329-0053
Seattle, WA  98112                      ggerhart at wolfenet.com