Russian prepositions v and na

Oscar E Swan swan+ at pitt.edu
Wed May 29 15:35:43 UTC 1996

On v/na, you might want to consult Alan Cienki, Spatial cognition and the
semantics of prepositions in English, Polish, and Russian (Munchen: Otto
Sagner, 1989), including the bibliography. I liked Danko Sipka's
contribution to the discussion and think it's worth giving some thought
to. Would he please reply off-line to me with a reference to the bit on w/na
uniwersytecie. One notices a lot of vacillation between w/na
with academic units: sala, zaklad, uczelnia.

Oscar E. Swan   Dept. of Slavic Languages & Literatures
1417 Cathedral of Learning   Univ. of Pittsburgh  15260
412-624-5707      swan+ at pitt.edu