suggestion for Vision 2020 - Dec. '96

H.P. Houtzagers HOUTZAGE at let.RUG.NL
Thu May 30 15:30:48 UTC 1996

Donnie Sendelbach wrote:
> Has anyone heard of solutions to the problem from the Brits, Germans, French,
> etc.?  Do they all have enrollment problems in this post-Perestroika era?

The Dutch certainly do. In the eighties we in Groningen (the smallest
of the three Slavic departments in Holland) had enrollments of about
30  students each year. In 1990 and 1991 the number increased
to an average of 55,  then it dropped to 20. As for solutions, we
can't think of any.

Peter Houtzagers