russ. tapes about washington

Serge Rogosin SRogosin at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 06:33:17 UTC 1997

A recurring problem the institute I work for has had with hosting delegations
or individual visitors from Russian is their unrelenting desire to buy video
tapes about tourist sights. Although many stores in New York sell PAL
cassettes viewable in Russian VCR's, we have not been able to locate a source
for Washington cassettes.  Every time I am with Russian visitors in
Washington, I have to ride around the entire city to convince them that a
good faith effort to locate such cassettes is being made. Does anyone have
any experience with this problem or know of any stores in Washington, DC that
sell PAL cassettes with the local sights?  Has anyone seen such cassettes
dubbed in Russian?  Any information would be much appreciated.

Serge
________
Serge Rogosin
93-49 222 Street