Word Processing in Slavic and East European languages

Kevin Wood kvwood at bcn.net
Sat Apr 12 05:29:59 UTC 1997

Hello, folks!  I have a general request for everybody on the list.  I=92m
trying to create a list of various word-processing products available
for Slavic and East European languages.  I have a good idea of the
readily available stuff, but I note a general lack of information and
availability concerning more advanced products.  So, if any body would
be kind enough to help, I=92d like you to send me a short note telling me
what you are using to process text, such as computer type, which word
processor you use, and MOST importantly, what you use (if anything) to
handle niceties such as spell checking, grammar checking, hyphenation,
thesauri, computerized references, what languages you use it with, who
makes, where you bought it, how much it cost, any special applications
you developed (or need), etc.  I would especially like to hear from
people outside of the U.S.  I=92m certain that there has to be more out
there than I=92ve been finding!!!  I would like to have people reply off
list, so that I can better keep track of the replies.  As the mail
starts pouring in, I will keep track of the stats, and produce a report
for the benefit of the list.  So, the more information I receive, the
better.  Okay, thanks.

Kevin Wood
kvwood at bcn.net