Russian superstitions

Natalie O. Kononenko nkm at faraday.clas.virginia.edu
Tue Apr 22 19:37:30 UTC 1997

According to Emily Tall:

> Does anyone know offhand any good sources (English or Russian) on the
> above topic, besides Linda Ivanits' book, G. Gerhart's book, and the
> recent terrific article from Johnson's list? Thanks! (It's for a student's
> paper - the library wsn't of much help. Emily Tall

Dear Emily,
        Have your student check the bibliography in Ivanits'
book.  Maksimov, Nechistaia, nevedomaia, i krestnaia sila has
recently been reprinted as have:
Zabylin, Russkii narod, ego obychai, obriady, predaniia,
sueveriia
Zelenin, Ocherki po russkoi mifologii, umershie neistestvennoiu
smertiu i rusalki
and others -- but the above is a good start.

For the rest of us -- could you give a reference to the article
you mention above and what is Johnson's list?  I don't believe
I know about it.

Natalie Kononenko