Dialect and Unispell

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 4 01:18:33 UTC 1997

The Dialect and Unispell programs that George Fowler mentioned are products
of Russian companies (including Macsimum for Dialect, I'm not sure of the
proprietor of Unispell), but both are sold in the US by SmartLink.  I use
both these products with MS Word 5.1a, MS Word 6.0.1, Mac System 7.5.3, and
Eudora Pro 3.0 and have no problems.  Some of my colleagues here at
UW-Madison use products distributed by the same company (SmartLink) for the
PC and are also pleased with them.  (Something called "Parawin" for the
keyboard utility, Cyrillic truetype fonts, spell-checker and even a grammar
checker, something not available yet for the Mac, though the folks at
SmartLink say that it's coming.)

Ben Rifkin

Benjamin Rifkin
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive, Madison, WI  53706
voice (608) 262-1623; fax (608) 265-2814
e-mail:  brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu