IT and Russia

Frank frankdp at erols.com
Sat Aug 23 01:03:06 UTC 1997

Hello:

My name is Frank Poulin and I'd like to gain a better understanding of how
information technology systems are deployed in Russia and other former
soviet states.

Does anyone know of someone who has worked at deploying computer systems
such as Novell or Microsoft NT network systems in this area of the world?
Would that person be willing to talk with me about his or her experiences?
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

At this time, I work in Systems Integration at Electronic Data Systems and
am CNE qualified.  However, I did spend a great deal of time at Middlebury,
MGU, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison, UVA, Croatia, and Indiana in a wide variety
of BA, MA, and PhD programs in Slavic Languages. If anyone out there
remembers me-- yes, I'm having a great time in computers and am even
pursuing another degree.

Thanks, best wishes, and please continue to inspire students through the
works of Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Gogol and the countless other great Russian
writers --Frank Poulin (Fedya)