languages other than Russian at AATSEEL '97

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Mon Dec 1 21:51:56 UTC 1997

Dear Colleagues:

I invite all those who teach "AATSEEL" languages other than Russian to
attend meetings for instructors of South Slavic languages, West Slavic
languages, and Ukrainian and Belarusian, respectively, at the 1997 AATSEEL
Conference in Toronto.  These meetings will be an excellent opportunity to
network with instructors of these Slavic and East European languages.  It
is my hope, as the head of the pedagogy division for the AATSEEL Program
Committee, that these meetings will grow into roundtables and, ultimately,
into panels.

The meetings are all scheduled for 28 December from 7 to 9 pm:

Meeting of Instructors of South Slavic Languages
Facilitator:  Christina Kramer, U. of Toronto

Meeting of Instructors of Czech and Polish
Facilitator:  Susan C. Kresin, UCLA

Meeting of Instructors of Ukrainian and Belarusian
Facilitator:  Alla Nedashkivska Adams, U. of Toronto

I invite you to attend these meetings and hope that you will find them to
be productive.

Benjamin Rifkin
Head of the Pedagogy Division
AATSEEL Program Committee

Benjamin Rifkin
Associate Professor of Russian
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI  53706  USA