Ne AATSEELom edinym: SLAVIC at MLA!

Jerry Ervin 76703.2063 at compuserve.com
Tue Dec 2 15:32:39 UTC 1997

Jerry McCausland writes,

"What I am sure of is that, given the general sentiment among Slavists, it
is totally incomprehensible why any Slavic department would interview at
the MLA job center rather than at the AATSEEL hotel site."

Yes, indeed, AATSEEL has available two very nice interviewing rooms that
are available gratis.  As soon as a firm appointment has been made, just
drop me a note and I'll reserve a room for your use for that hour (or two).
 First come, first served: we hold the rooms until firm appointments have
been made, rather than taking reservations for blocks of time that may or
may not wind up being used.

And if you want to include in the interview non-AATSEEL departmental
colleagues, please do so; they will be welcome and will receive traditional
AATSEEL hospitality--without having to register for our conference
(although we do ask that the Slavists doing the interviewing or being
interviewed be AATSEEL registrants).

See you in Toronto,

Jerry Ervin

Gerard L. (Jerry) Ervin