Ne AATSEELom edinym: SLAVIC at MLA!

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 2 16:57:37 UTC 1997

And still more ... my university provides some support for one domestic
conference every OTHER year.  So, for example, even though I am an associate
professor (and my position is not "precarious"), and even though I am giving
a paper and chairing a roundtable, I will be responsible for all the
expenses associated with the trip to the conference.

Ben Rifkin

At 11:10 AM 12/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Regarding Prof. Rosset's comment about departments paying for convention
>attendance: my dept. pays only when you give a paper. They pay for room
>and board and never for conference regestration. E. Tall SUNY/Buffalo

Benjamin Rifkin
Associate Professor of Russian
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706