Russian departments in trouble

Neil Bermel N.Bermel at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 12:24:55 UTC 1997

Dear colleagues,

I regret to report that it's time to put on your whining (or
whingeing) hats again and take up the cause.  Two more Russian
programs here in Britain are under threat, and they'll be grateful
for your letters of support.  Details of the proposed cuts are below
in a message from Professor Rosalind Marsh, the chair of BASEES (the
British Slavists' association); the addresses of the two
universities concerned are:

University of Wales
Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2RX
United Kingdom

University of Northumbria
Carlisle
Cumbria CA3 8TX
United Kingdom

More information about these universities can be found on the Web at:

www.bangor.ac.uk
www.unn.ac.uk

Thanks in advance for your support.

Neil Bermel
Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies
University of Sheffield