MLA conference admission

Jerry Ervin 76703.2063 at compuserve.com
Mon Dec 8 21:06:33 UTC 1997

Dear SEELANGers,

Phyllis Franklin, Executive Director of the Modern Language Association,
has graciously offered to extend to AATSEEL '97 (Toronto) registrants
reduced-rate admissions to the MLA conference.  Her statement is as
follows:

*****

AATSEEL members who have registered for the AATSEEL convention may register
on site for the  MLA convention by paying $50.  Student members of AATSEEL
who have registered for the AATSEEL convention may register for the MLA
convention by paying $30.  They will receive badges for the MLA convention.
 AATSEEL members who want to take advantage of this arrangement should
bring proof of their registration at the AATSEEL convention.  [Your AATSEEL
conference badge will suffice. --GLE]

The MLA staff members and the aides at the registration areas will be aware
of the special arrangement for AATSEEL convention registrants.  If any
questions come up, people should get in touch with Maribeth Kraus, who can
be beeped, or me.

*****

Please help pass this information on to any of your colleagues who do not
follow SEELANGS.  I know you join me in expressing appreciation to MLA and
Dr. Franklin for this special opportunity.

See you in Toronto,

Jerry Ervin

Gerard L. (Jerry) Ervin
Executive Director, AATSEEL