native speakers-Slavic or Romanian

Tina Kraskow kraskow at ling.upenn.edu
Sun Feb 9 16:54:26 UTC 1997

Hello -
     I am doing comparative work on multiple questions in six Slavic
languages and one non-Slavic language, Romanian.  At the moment, I am
interested in finding out about some extraction facts in these languages.
My question is addressed to anyone who is a native speaker of one of
the languages listed below:

Russian
Ukrainian
Polish
Czech
Serbo-Croatian
Bulgarian
Romanian

Question:  How would you say the questions below in your language?

(1)  What do you think that John bought?
(2)  For whom do you think that John bought a gift?
(3)  Who do you think that __ bought a gift?   (ungrammatical in English)
(4)  Who do you think that John saw?

Thank you very much.

Please reply to me directly:  kraskow at babel.ling.upenn.edu

Thanks,