Alcoholism Counselors/Trainers Wanted for Ukraine Project (fwd)

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Sun Feb 9 21:42:33 UTC 1997

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 97 20:51:34 EST
From: Flp3 at aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <civilsoc at solar.rtd.utk.edu>
Subject: Alcoholism Counselors/Trainers Wanted for Ukraine Project (fwd)

Subject: Alcoholism Counselors/Trainers Wanted for Ukraine Project

[The following message was edited for length. For the full message, or
further information, contact sender (Flp3 at aol.com) directly.]

First Light Partners - "Zarya", a US nonprofit organization is looking for a
couple of individuals or couples to be involved in a very exciting project.

..In cooperation with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Academy of
Sciences and others, we have designed a modern, relevant training program
and accompanying treatment model.  We are about to implement a series a
intensive hands-on training programs for health care professionals working
to confront the disease of alcoholism...

The first of these programs will begin in June of 1997, and will last
approximately four months.  We are looking for a couple of well qualified
people who can convey the essentials of our well-designed, culturally
applicable training and treatment model.  They will be instructing
approximately 20 dedicated and very well educated health care professionals
whose lives are dedicated to treating the disease of alcoholism.

Our "volunteers" will receive airfare, visas (they need to secure a
passport), housing, and a stipend for food and pleasure.  They need not
speak Russian or Ukrainian but...we would prefer that they be in recovery
personally for several very good reasons, not the least of which is we
must continuously make an effort to humanize the disease and to provide
some "living" proof as it were.  Volunteers will receive one week of
specific training about our model and Ukraine.  It is essential that they
understand the nature of the project, and the vital importance of
consistency in our training approach and model.

Interested men and women can contact me; Ted Hicks, by writing to First Light
Partners, 2680 McMillan Street, Eugene, OR 97405.  Our phone number is
(541)341-6447.  We would like those who are interested to send along a one or
two page letter explaining why they want to make this contribution, and a
short resume.