internship

Jennifer Sunseri ledept at maik.rssi.ru
Thu Feb 20 10:19:14 UTC 1997

Dear SEELANGERS:

I am asking  your assistance in spreading the word about the following
internship. I think it's a fine opportunity for students (undergraduate or
graduate) interested in living in Moscow for an extended stay without going
into debt. As the workload is not full-time, our interns have the
opportunity to pursue outside interests. We are  able to provide exit-entry
visas for those wishing to travel outside Russia, as well.

Most of this year's group of interns learned about us thanks to those
SEELANGERS who took the time to post our ad, or mention it to their
classes. Currently, we have a total of seventeen interns from the following
universities:  Drew, Penn, Pittsburg, Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan
State, William & Mary, Willamette, Grinnell, Texas, and Indiana. I
encourage inquiries, and look forward to hearing from your students!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Sunseri
Director, Editorial Services
MAIK Nauka

INTERNSHIP IN MOSCOW

Edit English-language journals of the Russian Academy of Sciences

Participate in one-year editing internship in Moscow, Russia: MAIK Nauka
offers a limited number of qualified individuals the opportunity to work as
Language Editors. Language editors are responsible for the clarity of the
language in journals of the Russian Academy of Sciences translated from
Russian into English by Russian scientists. Applicants must be native
speakers of English with a *minimum* of two years college-level
Russian-language study (or the equivalent). Editing experience or a
scientific background is a plus.  Language editors will receive:

*       Work permit and visa support from within Russia
*       Monthly hard currency salary + semi-annual bonus
*       Round-trip plane ticket (reimbursement at end of year)

The internship is a year-long commitment, usually beginning and ending in
August. We also anticipate two or three openings in both June and October.
Application deadlines are March 30, May 1, and July 15 for June, August,
and October positions. For more information contact Jennifer Sunseri at
the following address: <ledept at maik.rssi.ru.>. If you  would like an
application, please note in your message what kind of computer (IBM or
Macintosh) you use.