Bulgarian speakers

Tina Kraskow kraskow at ling.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 21 18:40:51 UTC 1997

Hello - I recently posted a message to Slavic speakers and I want to thank
everyone who replied.  I am now trying to get a slightly larger pool of
Bulgarian speakers in order to test out certain sentences about which I got
a more varied response than I expected.  If you are a native speaker of
Bulgarian who would be willing to answer questions about certain sentences
in Bulgarian, I would very much appreciate your letting me know.

The sentences will be about multiple questions in Bulgarian, as in (1).

(1)  Koj kakvo e kupil?
     `Who bought what?'

I am investigating more `complicated' examples, and, for those of you able
to respond, I'd appreciate, to start, if you could tell me how you would
say the three sentences below in Bulgarian.  (The `__' is used to indicate
where the question word `originates.')

(2)  Who do you think -- bought what?

(3)  Who thinks that John bought what?

(4)  Who did you say __ thinks that John bought what?

(To those of you who responded earlier, I would be interested in your
response to (3) and (4), if you are able.  Thanks.)

Thank you very much.

Tina Kraskow
kraskow at babel.ling.upenn.edu
(Please respond to me directly.  Thanks.)