Polish lang. students

Barbara Mozdzierz mozdzier at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Wed Jul 2 19:24:48 UTC 1997

Dear SEELANGers:

In an effort to get a clearer picture as to WHO is / has been taking
Polish lang.  courses, I would like to ask the POLISH LANGUAGE TEACHERS
among you to give me some sense of your (past/ present) students'
profiles.
FIRST-YEAR POLISH LANGUAGE
TOTAL ENROLLMENT:
out of total:   (1) how many linguistic heritage speakers
                (2) how many cultural heritage speakers
                           (i.e. NO ling. ability at all, but of Polish
                             descent w/ Polish cult. background)
                (3) how many students w/ knowledge of other Slavic lang.
                (4) how many students w/ personal contacts w/ native
                        speakers of Polish
                (5) how many adult learners:
                        (5a) how many professionals
                        (5b) how many senior citizens
                (6) how many students without ANY connection to Poland/
                        Poles/Slavic studies

On a rather different matter, I would appreciate if you could help me find
some Polish children's rhymes and Polish tongue twisters which I intend to
use as pronunciation exercises.

Many of you are, no doubt, on vacation or trying to get away, but if
you have the data handy, I would greatly appreciate your responses.
The final results of the inquiry will be posted to the list, IF there is
any interest.

Dziekuje z gory!
Barbara
Barbara M. Mozdzierz, Ph.D.                     tel. (202) 994-0930
Dept. of German & Slavic                        fax  (202) 994-0171
George Washington University                    mozdzier at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
2130 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052