help with exchange transportation

Eileen C Thurman thurmchcs at juno.com
Thu Jul 31 16:15:34 UTC 1997

        I am working on arranging a first-ever exchange between Cookson
Hills Christian School and the St. Petersburg Girls' School. I have one
student, Sarah Hyatt, third year Russian this year and will be a junior
in HS, whom we want to send for 3 weeks to St. Petersburg in May or
May-June 1998, and we plan to host a girl from St. Petersburg here in Aug
or July-Aug 1998. The Girls' School will arrange for Sarah to live with a
family and take care of expenses while there, so our only cost will be
transportation, insurance, and personal extras. We will take care of
living expenses for their student, who will stay with Sarah's family.
        I would really like to find some group travelling at that time
with whom Sarah could purchase a group-rate ticket, which would save
costs considerably for us.  Our school is small and operates on
donations, so lessening the amount of funds we have to raise for Sarah is
crucial. Do you know of any groups going to St. Petersburg the last 3
weeks of May and/or first week of June 1998? Can any of you Seelangers
help me find the best transportation deal for Sarah?
        Bol'shoe Vam spasibo!
        Eileen