AATSEEL web page book reviews

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Mon Mar 3 20:43:35 UTC 1997

For those of you who don't make a habit of cruising the web, the current
contents of the AATSEEL book reviews web page are:

Lewis Bagby, ALEXANDER BESTUZEV-MARLINSKY AND RUSSIAN BYRONISM (reviewed by
John Ellison of Cary, NC)

Davidson, Gor and Lekic, LIVE FROM MOSCOW!  RUSSIAN STAGE I (reviewed by
Catherine Jarvis, University of Texas at Austin)

Mikhail Epstein, AFTER THE FUTURE:  THE PARADOXES OF POSTMODERNISM AND
CONTEMPORARY RUSSIAN CULTURE (reviewed by Karen Rice McDowell, University
of Virginia)

Genevra Gerhart, THE RUSSIAN'S WORLD:  LIFE AND LANGUAGE (reviewed by John
Kachur, University of Pirrsburgh)

Ivan Klima, WAITING FOR THE DARK, WAITING FOR THE LIGHT and Milan Kundera,
SLOWNESS (reviewed by Gordana Crnkovic, University of Washington)

Vladimir Ronin, REGIONY ROSSII (reviewed by Wim Coudenys, Katholieke
Universiteit Leuven, Belgium)

Magdalena Zaborowska, HOW WE FOUND AMERICA:  READING GENDER THROUGH EAST
EUROPEAN IMMIGRANT NARRATIVES (reviewed by yours truly)

The URL for the index page is
<http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/book-reviews/>; the URL for the
AATSEEL page is <http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/>.

Contributions to the web page are always welcome; please contact me at
<SFORRES1 at swarthmore.edu> if you would like to propose a review of any book
in the field published from 1995 to the present.  Graduate students are
especially encouraged to propose reviews:  this is a quick and simple venue
for publication, a nice line on your resume, and perhaps a way to begin to
work in electronic publication.

Sibelan Forrester
Modern Languages & Literatures
Swarthmore College