Ukrainian (Western) speakers

Tina Kraskow kraskow at ling.upenn.edu
Tue Mar 4 21:08:45 UTC 1997

hello - I am investigating a difference between the Eastern and Western
Ukrainian dialects.  This has to do with how questions are formed in
Ukrainian, and in other Slavic languages.  I would very much appreciate if
anyone who is a speaker of Ukrainian, in particular, of a Western Ukrainian
dialect, could contact me.  To start, I would appreciate if you would let
me know how you would say the following sentences in Ukrainian.  Thank you
very much.

(1)  What do you think that John bought?

(2)  Who do you think __ that bought a gift?    (ungrammatical in English)

(3)  Who do you think that John saw?

(4)  Who do you think bought what?

Thank you very much.
Tina Kraskow