Call for papers, MLA

Vitaly A. Chernetsky vac10 at columbia.edu
Sun Mar 16 02:13:21 UTC 1997

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to the special session I have proposed
for this year's MLA convention. While I originally set the deadline for
abstracts for today, March 15, I'd be willing to extend it for another
week. The panel topic is:

POSTCOLONIAL THEORY AND CONTEMPORARY EAST EUROPEAN AND POST-SOVIET
CULTURE: PROSPECTS FOR A DIALOGUE. What insights can postcolonial theory
provide in Slavic and East European studies, and how could such engagement
affect and modify the dominant paradigms of postcolonial theory?

Please send abstracts, papers or proposals to:

Vitaly Chernetsky
Department of Slavic Languages
708 Hamilton Hall
Columbia University