end of ETS Comprehensive Russian Proficiency Test

Karen Dubrule KDubrule at CIEE.ORG
Mon Mar 24 20:24:56 UTC 1997

     Dear Seelangers:

     We have just received notice that Educational Testing Service (ETS)
     will no longer be offering the Comprehensive Russian Proficiency Test
     after June 30, 1997. The reasons given were that the test is dated and
     can no longer be used in its current format and that since the number
     of institutions using the test is small, ETS does not have the
     resources to revise the test.

     Does anyone know of any other standardized exam for Russian? I was
     under the impression that ETS was the only one.

     Thanks,

     Karen Dubrule
     Program Officer, Europe and Russia
     Council on International Educational Exchange