Murka (Dmitrievich)

Serge Rogosin SRogosin at aol.com
Mon Mar 24 21:54:02 UTC 1997

In addition to the recording by Yulya, there is also a recording of Murka by
the Parisian Russian-Gypsy singer Alyosha Dmitrievich which is probably a bit
more convincing. I don't have full discographic info., but there is a work by
Chemiakin on the cover. I believe it was issued in Paris in the 1970's.
Dmitrievich came from a family of Gypsy entertainers who emigrated after the
Revolution.  Some may remember the Yul Brynner record on which he sings
Russian and Gypsy songs with Dmitrievich.

Serge
_______
Serge Rogosin
93-49 222 Street