card catalogs of russ. and ukr.

curt fredric woolhiser cfwoolhiser at mail.utexas.edu
Mon May 12 19:55:49 UTC 1997

>Is anyone doing research in the CIS that will involve access to card catalogs
>of the Russian, Ukrainian or Belorussian languages that various institutions
>such as the Academy of Sciences, Potebnia Institute(?) and others maintain in
>order to write historical dictionaries and do similar types of work?  I am
>working on a rather complicated project and desperately need citations for
>two words.
>
>Any assistance or advice would be much appreciated.
>
>Serge
>_______
>Serge Rogosin
>93-49 222 Street
>Queens Village, NY 11428
>(718) 479-2881

Serge,

You might try contacting Dr. Henadz' Cyxun at the Institute of Linguistics
of the Belarus Academy of Sciences in Minsk. The institute has excellent
kartoteki for the "Histarychny slounik belaruskaj movy", the "Etymalahichny
slounik belaruskaj movy" and the "Leksichny atlas belaruskix narodnyx
havorak." The email address where Dr. Cyxun can be reached is:
mab at lingvo.minsk.by .

Good luck!

Curt Woolhiser

Curt F. Woolhiser