Aspects -- My Thanks to All!

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Wed May 14 11:42:31 UTC 1997

Dear Seelangers:

I would like to express my deep appreciation to all those who have written
to me requesting a copy of my essay on Russian aspectual decision-making.
This shows just how intense and controversial this central issue in Russian
grammar is to all of us.  While I believe the main thesis of my essay to be
essentially valid, both in theory and practice, I welcome comments from
others. I think SEELANGS is a perfect forum for the discussion of aspects,
and even more so, for the exchange of views on the teaching of aspects in
the classroom. It is also a perfect place for discussing American-Russian
confrontations on this elusive subject.

What a better place for this dialogue than on the Internet?!

Thank you all again for your cooperation.

Benjamin

Benjamin Sher
Russian Literary Translator
(SOVIET POLITICS AND REPRESSION IN THE 1930'S
Yale University Press, forthcoming 1997)
sher07 at bellsouth.net