Program threatened at Exeter, UK

Neil Bermel N.Bermel at sheffield.ac.uk
Fri May 23 16:35:27 UTC 1997

Dear Colleagues,

Here's another sad story of budget cuts threatening to axe a Russian
program with a long and distinguished history.  According to a
message I received today on Britain's Russian-Studies list, the
department at Exeter University is facing elimination.  Anyone
wishing for more information on the situation can write to Dr. Roger
Cockrell at

c.r.s.cockrell at exeter.ac.uk

who has indicated he would be happy to answer any questions you might
have.  I'd also suggest copying him or the Department at Exeter on
any correspondence you send to the University's Vice-Chancellor.

Neil Bermel