Prince Myshkin's "Tak nel'zia postupat'"

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Thu May 29 06:07:14 UTC 1997

Dear Tsuji:

Thank you so very, very much for finding the passage. I've been trying to
find it since I posted my message. It has remained with me for years in the
back of my mind. Now I know where to find it. You'r e a godsend. Thanks again.

Benjamin

At 02:43 PM 5/29/97 +0900, you wrote:
><<Net, s chelovekom tak nel'zja postupat'!>> is the last sentence of
>a paragraph beginning << ---Znaete li chto? -- gorjacho podkhvatil knjaz'.>>
>(Th. Dostoevskij: Idiot. Chast' pervaja, II.)
>
>Cheers,
>Tsuji

Benjamin Sher
Russian Literary Translator
(SOVIET POLITICS AND REPRESSION IN THE 1930'S
Yale University Press, forthcoming 1997)
sher07 at bellsouth.net