Russian TV broadcasting

C. Fields cef at u.washington.edu
Thu May 29 23:36:00 UTC 1997

At our Language Learning Center we get both SCOLA and the International
Channel (http://www.i-channel.com/remote.html).  The quality of
SCOLA Russian broadcasts is not as good as the broadcasts from the
International Channel, which is available through certain cable
providers.  IC provides "fresher" Vremya news broadcasts as
well as a variety program called "Potpourri."  I believe there is also
a company in Brighton Beach that provides a satellite hook up for a fee
and you get exclusively Russian broadcasting through them.  I can't
remember the name of it, though.

Emily Fields
Slavic SA
Language Learning Center