Dual Headers--how to keep from replying to the list inadvertently

Loren A. BILLINGS billings at rz.uni-leipzig.de
Sat May 31 10:15:14 UTC 1997

>Dear Seelangers:
>
>I am responding to this fully justified criticism ONLIST not just to
>apologize again but to ask for help. I use Eudora Light email. Many of you
>out there probably use Eudora, too. What I have been doing is writing down
>the individual address and then copying into a new message. Is there an
>AUTOMATIC way to do it on Eudora?
>
>Thanks so very much.
>
>Benjamin

I'm replying on-list because I, too, once had this problem.  I see that
Benjamin has learned the ropes of Eudora Light.  Despite this, however, the
absolutely BEST thing to do is send a command to SEELANGS to set up a "dual
header".  When I was using Eudora Light this option made it FAR easier for
me to keep from replying to the whole list inadvertently.  (Without the
dual header, it's quite easy in Eudora to think the message came directly
from the person who posted the message, not from SEELANGS.)  To install
this option, write a message to the following address:

LISTSERV at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

(Leave the subject line empty.)  In the body of the message type the following:

SET SEELANGS DUALHDR

According to the LISTSERV instructions, this option is "useful with PC or
Mac mail programs."  This should solve (y)our problems for the most part.
--LAB