No subject

Cynthia Ruder cruder at brynmawr.edu
Fri Nov 14 05:28:09 UTC 1997

I am trying to identify as many Soviet writers as possible in a photograph
taken during the writers' brigade to the Belomor construction site in
August 1933.  If anyone knows the photo, Semyon Firin, the OGPU man in
charge of the construction site and the writers' trip, is seated in the
middle of a group of writers.  Some are identifiable--Vera Inber, Boris
Lapin, etc.  If there is anyone out there who knows the picture or knows of
any sources where there are photographs of the writers, please let me know.
The only solution I have arrived at is to comb the pages of the KRATKAIA
LIT. ENTSIK. to try an match the photos author photos that are often
included in the entries.  If anyone has a better idea, please let me know
ASAP.  Thanks, Cindy