Seek volunteers for alcoholism treatment in Ukraine (fwd)

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Tue Nov 25 19:51:17 UTC 1997

FYI

Devin P Browne
dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 14:33:07 -0500
From: Flp3 at aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <civilsoc at SOLAR.RTD.UTK.EDU>
Subject: Seek volunteers for alcoholism treatment in Ukraine

                        First Light Partners
         Seeks Volunteers for Alcohol Treatment Program
                            in Ukraine

First Light Partners of Eugene Oregon, and Kiev Ukraine is involved in
training programs for health care professionals in Ukraine who are struggling
to address the problem of rampant untreated and mistreated alcoholism.   Our
only goal is to help these men and women of Ukraine learn and implement
12-step based treatment methods into their facilities.  We have complete
support and cooperation from all levels of the Ukrainian health care system
from the Ministry on down.  Our success has been phenomenal.

We are currently looking for several quasi-volunteers (we supply
transportation, housing and living expenses) who are interested in bringing
new hope and alcoholism treatment methodology to Ukraine.  We blend both
personal and professional experience into our teams of trainers.  Language
skills are a plus but not required.  If you are interested in participating
in our next program, which will run from approximately June 1998 through
mid-September 1998, we would like to hear from you.  Personal recovery
experience, a professional treatment background, or a blend of both is
essential.

We will be happy to talk to you about this opportunity to help change the
face of recovery in Ukraine forever.  But, we would first appreciate a brief
letter explaining why you are interested in this endeavor, and what you think
you can bring to the situation.  We can be reached at First Light Partners,
2680 McMillan Street, Eugene, Oregon, 97405 USA.  Our e-mail address is
"flp3 at aol.com".  Our phone number is (541)341-6447.