To refresh my listening comprehension

MIYAMOTO Ken kmymt at crisp.net
Sat Nov 29 07:00:23 UTC 1997

Hi list members,

I need a help from any of you on the list. Before I came to the States
more than ten years ago, I majored Russian for many years both in my
college and graduate school in Japan with enthusiasm. Since I came here,
however, I've had neither many chances to use it nor much time to keep
it fresh. Now I'm thinking to refresh my rusty Russian since my
post-doctoral research may require the active ability of this language.
As I have a foundation, I don't want to go to school again. I'd rather do
it by myself.

Now a question is, Where and how can I find a way to expose myself to
spoken Russian in America?  I'm thinking of the way to refresh and
improve my listening comprehension. Since I didn't do my Russian in
America, I have no idea of what kind of material and resources are
available, and where. How does an average American student of the
Russian language improve his/her listening ability outside the classroom?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Ken Miyamoto

MIYAMOTO Ken, or Ken C. Miyamoto
Princeton, NJ, USA