Hunter's possible job opening

Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj Bohdan at panix.com
Fri Oct 3 03:27:57 UTC 1997

At 5:59 PM -0700 9/25/97, Genevra Gerhart wrote:
>Nice to hear there's a job opening.
>"Native-like command of Russian and ... capable of teaching all levels
>of language, literature, and culture in both Russian and English.", with
>a desirable specialty in 19th century poetry or 19th/20century
>literature.
>  Personally, I can't stand any teacher that can't also play jingle
>bells flawlessly  on a xylophone while hanging upside down over a
>precipice that serves as an entrance to hell.
>  I forgot that Czech was useful.
>gg
>--
>Genevra Gerhart
>http://www.wolfenet.com/~ggerhart/
>
>2134 E. Interlaken  Bl.                 Tel. 206/329-0053
>Seattle, WA  98112                      ggerhart at wolfenet.com

Or Ukrainian....
Or Bulgarian...
Or Polish...
Or [fill-in-slavic-type-here]

It is so sad that when I see "Slavic Studies" - all that is
available is this "Russian" stuff...

I'd LOVE to see a course on everything Slavic - to the
exclusion of Russian for once (yes, there are other
tons of other Slavs out there!).

No offense meant to the Russophiles, but it is time to
realize the SLAVICISM encompasses more than just
RUSSIAN matters - the diversity is quite amazing!
Why not concentrate on quality - instead of quantity?
Hmmmm?  8-)

                        shchyro,

                Bohdan Petro Rekshyns'kyi

http://www.TRYZUB.com