PBS series: "Russia's War"

Philip Hammond phammond at pdq.net
Sun Oct 12 03:31:53 UTC 1997

There is a documentary series that's being shown on my local PBS affiliate right
 now
called "Russia's War:  Blood on the Snow."  It's a series of five 2-hour
 episodes.  So far I
have seen two of them.  The series is apparently (based on the final credits) a
 joint
British-Russian production and was made in 1995.  Also, all of the interviews
 are done in
Russian with voice-overs in English.  This leads me to believe that the series
 may have
been shown on Russian television at some point.  I have been searching the Web
frantically to try and find out if there is a Russian version of this series and
 if one may buy
the videotapes (in Russian).  I have had no luck.  The PBS page gives very
 little
information on the series.  So I now turn to SEELANGS.  Does anyone know about
 the
existance or non-existance of a Russian version?

Thanks,

Phil Hammond
http://www.smalltime.com/goskomperevod