Software for Croat and Serb Alphabets

Alain Dawson orfqe at nordnet.fr
Wed Oct 15 10:14:29 UTC 1997

You could use a combination of TrueType fonts (for example: LeedsBit EuroEast for Croatian and ER Univers 1251 for serbian and cyrillic in general) and a keyboard software to access them. I recommend you the excellent Tavulsoft Keyboard Manager, alias 'Keyman' (for Windows 3.x and 95) which is entirely programmable... and free. I have written a small cyrillizing program for it for my own purpose, based on translitteration (each cyrillic letter is called by typing the latin equivalent, e.g. 'u' for 'Y', 'r' for 'P', etc. - this is not the normal cyrillic keyboard, but it seems to me easier for foreigners). I can send it to anyone is interested. You can download the fonts and Keyman from Yamada Language Center (http://babel.uoregon.edu/yamada.html) - note Keyman is located among the phonetic alphabets.

Alain Dawson
orfqe at nordnet.fr

Is there a single software program for either PCs or Macintosh which
provides both Croatian diacritics and Serbian cyrillic keyboards?