looking for good Russian ghost stories

C. Fields cef at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 27 19:49:01 UTC 1997

I don't know if these can be found on the net but the children's author
Eduard Uspenskij also wrote (or compiled?) an extensive collection of
ghost stories thn among Russians.  As to celebrating Halloween, my Russian
friends were unfamiliar with the custom, but were definitely enthusiastic
when I brought up the notion of having a party.  I believe though that
there was a tradition of dressing up and going from door to door as part
of the New Year's festivities.

Emily Fields